Are you interested in a career at First State Bank of Uvalde?
We are seeking motivated and career-oriented employees who will strengthen our company and improve shareholder value. As a member of our team, you will receive training and skill development, not to mention a wonderful array of benefits.
Whether you have banking experience or are new to the industry, we invite you to inquire about our current openings. We will assist you in determining the best fit within our organization.
If interested send your resume by Postal Mail:
First State Bank of Uvalde
ATTN: Operations Dept.
P.O. Box 1908
Uvalde, TX 78802
E-mail resume to Patti Kruciak, VP and HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with your resume, please fill out an FSB Application (click link below to print application):
First State Bank of Uvalde - Main Bank is looking for a BSA Analyst.
This position is responsible for the oversight and general functions of the bank’s BSA/AML/OFAC monitoring to ensure compliance with the regulatory guidelines and applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze accounts for unusual or suspicious activity through the use of various reports and alerts generated by the bank’s anti-money laundering system.
- Conduct account investigations and research in an effort to address any account irregularities and determine whether escalation is warranted.
- Process alerts by making a determination to clear or to escalate for further investigation based on an analysis of findings.
- Document all findings in a centralized case management system to ensure complete documentation is secured and maintained as required by law.
- Communicate with Bank personnel and management on CDD/EDD deficiencies detected during the account monitoring process.
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of BSA/AML compliance; attend BSA training as assigned by the BSA Officer
- Review of the high-risk accounts
- Review OFAC potential hits;
- Prepare, review and submit Currency Transaction Reports
- Adhere to all Bank policies and procedures
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, according to the needs of the Bank.
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
First State Bank of Uvalde - Main Bank is looking for an Electronic Banking Manager
This position is primarily responsible for electronic payment processing relating to ATMs, debit and credit cards, bill pay, online banking, mobile banking, ACH, wire transfers, Remote Deposit Capture, Positive Pay, fraud monitoring, and Promontory accounts. Under the direct supervision of Retail Operations Manager, the Electronic Banking Manager is responsible for overseeing the Electronic Banking products. The Manager will analyze business case preparation, and the implementation and communication processes related to strategic projects. Additionally, the Manager will collaborate with other enterprise departments to understand and define business requirements to ensure the success of core and ancillary banking applications and products and drive the analysis of outstanding issues to ensure proper resolution and communication for their areas of expertise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the supervision of day-to-day activities for all Electronic Banking functions, including the training of staff and employment system
- System Administrator for Electronic Banking related systems
- Effectively manage, develop and retain quality business relationships by proving clients with outstanding service and solutions
- Earn the client’s full banking relationship by leveraging and cross selling the bank’s suite of products based on client’s needs
- Identify and solicit prospective banking relationships meeting the Bank’s client profile
- Support operational and other enterprise departments with strategic projects related to their area of expertise
- Improve systems by studying current practices, comparing best practices, recommending modifications and assisting with implementation
- Coordinate and oversee system enhancements, including new features and upgrades, by identifying end user impact and communicating to proper stakeholders
- Investigate issues and collaborate with appropriate partners to ensure issues are properly reviewed, communicated, followed up on, tracked, and brought to closure
- Maintain procedure manuals and other intranet resources to ensure information remains current
- Assist with the design and implementation of new processes and procedures related to Electronic Banking
- Responsible for ATM status monitoring and dispatch of service technicians when necessary
- Responsible for debit card orders, file maintenance, fraud monitoring, processing of Regulation E disputes and customer service
- Responsible for reviewing image deposits made through the mobile banking channel
- Responsible for the setup of Business Online Banking including Remote Deposit Capture, Positive Pay, ACH, Bill Pay, Wire Transfers, Mobile Deposit, Promontory accounts, and customer service
- Responsible for daily processes related to Business Online Banking including Remote Deposit Capture, Positive Pay, ACH, Bill Pay, Wire Transfers, Mobile Deposits, Promontory accounts, and customer service
- Performs quality control for front line debit card orders, Electronic Banking file maintenance, and Business Online Banking setups
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma required and a Business or Finance degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years applicable experience in electronic payments processing or Treasury Management Operations
- Computer literate with moderate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and Electronic Banking products and services
- Regulation E, NACHA Rules and other regulations associated with electronic payments processing
- Customer Service procedures and practices
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to diagnose resolve or escalate a critical situation
- Must be able to recognize positive or negative trends concerning the effects of production.
- Strong commitment to excellent customer service and process improvement.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Work independently with little or no supervision; self-directed and motivated
- Use good judgment and be discreet with confidential information
- Lead and develop a cohesive team through mentoring, delegating, and cross training while experiencing change and growth in the workload and areas of responsibility
- Inspire an environment of teamwork and open communication between the Retail and Operations team
FIRST STATE BANK OF UVALDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
GOOD CREDIT IS A MUST
CREDIT REPORT IS REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT
First State Bank of Uvalde - Main Bank is looking for a Mortgage Loan Officer
First State Bank of Uvalde needs a committed and professional Mortgage Loan Officer who is qualified and dedicated to the values and mission of our company. Qualified candidates must have prior mortgage lending experience with strong public relations skills. If you are the individual best suited to this opportunity, please send us your application today!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Markets and promotes First State Bank’s financial products
- Establishes and maintains relationships with realtors, builders and new home sales representatives in order to develop and retain existing business.
- Monitors overall customer interaction and interfaces with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers.
- Collects and analyzes information regarding the customer's income, assets, investments or debts.
- Evaluates loan products and services and determines which financial products best meet the customer's needs and financial circumstances.
- Advises the customer regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products.
- Services existing customers and obtains all necessary support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock in information.
- Oversees the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensures conformity with terms.
Communicates loan status to all interested parties and obtains loan documentation after closing.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with customers.
- Stays abreast of trends and developments in the local real estate market and competitive environment, as well as, changes in rules and regulations pertaining to private and government insured mortgages.
- Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- May supervise and direct the activities of loan officer assistant(s), or loan processor(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of mortgage lending experience required
- Bachelor's degree in finance or business
- Appropriate licenses
- Interacts with all departments, as well as realtors, sales agents, builders, appraisers, etc.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making ability. Excellent and effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to quickly assess and process large amounts of data and use of appropriate software technology. Encompass Knowledge would be a plus.
- Continue to expand knowledge of issues influencing the industry and the organization.
Competitive Benefit Package, Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this position, please contact Patti Kruciak, VP & HR Director email@example.com.
First State Bank of Uvalde - Main Bank is looking for a BSA OFFICER
The Bank Secrecy Act Officer is responsible for developing, implementing, administering, and maintaining all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Program which will be designed to ensure a high level of compliance with BSA/AML related laws and regulations, internal policies and procedures and Federal regulatory expectations. The position of Bank Secrecy Act Officer is required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in all areas of BSA/AML Compliance and be able to independently recognize, develop, and implement cost effective compliance related solutions for the BSA/AML program. The BSA Officer has the following roles: BSA/AML Officer, OFAC Officer.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Coordinate and oversee an effective Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC Compliance Program that is in line with current industry best practices, regulatory guidance and requirements.
- Enhance, develop, implement and administer the BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act monitoring systems to ensure that appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious and/or fraudulent activity.
- Establish and maintain an effective CDD/EDD risk rating and monitoring program to include initial and ongoing assessments, and review and analysis of unusual/suspicious account activity.
- Establish and maintain appropriate SAR investigation, review and reporting processes that promote consistent decisions; adequate investigation and research; and complete and detailed documentation.
- Conduct BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessments annually or as needed with consideration to products, services, customers, and geographies that may present BSA/AML/OFAC related risks. Annually collect and report data required for the OCC Money Laundering Reporting System.
- Responsible for ensuring all required regulatory reporting is conducted in a timely, accurate, and compliant manner, including the filing of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to FinCEN, as well as, FinCEN 314(a) and 314(b) procedures and reporting.
- Act as liaison/contact for Federal and State examinations and internal and external independent reviews or audits of the BSA/AML/OFAC compliance programs. Participate in response to exam and audit concerns and oversee corrective action of all related compliance deficiencies or violations.
- Responsible for updates and revisions to BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures and preparation of monthly BSA statistics for the Board of Directors.
- Assist the Training manager with administration of BSA/AML/OFAC related training programs to Directors, Management, and Employees and provides BSA guidance and coaching to employees.
- Stay abreast of and analyze developing industry and compliance trends, scams or schemes, and changes to laws and regulations pertaining to BSA/AML/OFAC/USA Patriot Act. Advise Compliance Officer of emerging risks, new or amended laws, regulations, or agency guidance and recommend and implement changes and controls to mitigate those risks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- BSA/AML Certifications preferred.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of prior financial institution BSA compliance experience in developing and implementing BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC policies, programs and procedures.
- Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering/U.S. Patriot Act, OFAC Regulations. General knowledge and understanding of bank deposit operations, lending activities, and other related consumer banking and compliance functions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills with the ability to work independently, as well as, collaboratively within a team environment.
- Administration experience with an automated AML system including tuning and testing of alert thresholds and transaction mapping validation. Experience with FCRM system is a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, legal counsel, law enforcement, regulators and examiners while maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
Competitive Benefit Package, Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested in this position, please contact Patti Kruciak, VP & HR Director firstname.lastname@example.org
First State Bank of Uvalde - Main Bank & East Main Bank are looking for a Part Time Teller
- Represent the bank in a courteous and professional manner
- Alert with ability and desire to learn technical aspects of the position
- Customer oriented
- Cash handling experience a plus
- Excellent oral communication Skills
- Flexibility to report to work and assist other branches
- Must be available Saturdays
Competitive Benefit Package, Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.