Are you interested in a career at First State Bank of Uvalde?
We are seeking motivated and career-oriented employees who will strengthen our company and improve shareholder value. As a member of our team, you will receive training and skill development, not to mention a wonderful array of benefits.
Whether you have banking experience or are new to the industry, we invite you to inquire about our current openings. We will assist you in determining the best fit within our organization.
If interested send your resume by Postal Mail:
First State Bank of Uvalde
ATTN: Operations Dept.
P.O. Box 1908
Uvalde, TX 78802
E-mail resume to Patti Kruciak at email@example.com
Along with your resume, please fill out an FSB Application (click link below to print application):
Controller/Chief Financial Officer (experience determines title)
The Controller/Chief Financial Officer has the responsibility for creating and maintaining a proactive performance-driven accounting department that further provides an accurate, effective financial reporting and controls for the overall bank. The Controller/CFO is responsible for the company's entire accounting function (practices, internal controls, statistical analysis, regulatory compliance, maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports). The position involves supervision over general accounting, department staff, property accounting, cost accounting, internal control program, regulatory reporting, budgetary controls, strategic and capital planning and tax accruals. Prepares financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management and Board. Ensures compliance with internal accounting policies, GAAP, FDICIA and state and federal financial institution regulations. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures in the field of finance and accounting. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads and directs the work of others. Promotes and maintains positive relationships with all contacts, internal and external, and contributes to the Bank’s mission, values, and culture.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures company wide. Provide oversight of control systems, transaction-processing operations.
• Manage outsourced related functions
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of a proper and efficient organizational structure adequate for achieving the bank’s goals and objectives
• Oversee the accounting operations of all departments and branch networks
• Develop branch and department profit and loss accounting and production profitability models.
• Create corporate efficiencies in work flows, operations and staffing levels. Find effective non-manual processes for all accounting and operational functions.
• Be proficient in revenue opportunities to assist the bank’s overall profitability and other non-interest income and net interest margin.
• Be proficient in bank performance analysis (Peer group comparison, UBPR, ratio analysis).
• Establish/implement daily bank dash board accounting system (daily balance sheet, income statement, significate large item reporting).
• Assist Trust Department as needed for accounting, reporting, and operations support.
• Ensure the continued maintenance and development of internal control procedures to provide for the protection of Bank assets.
• Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Maintain the Bank’s fixed asset records and related depreciation schedules.
• Responsible for all general ledger reconciliations.
• Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and reports required by regulatory agencies.
• Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, current accounting standards and recommend appropriate changes in policies and procedures.
• Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
• Coordinate the preparation of all requested documents for the Bank’s external financial statement audit. Work as needed with Bank’s audit/compliance department.
• Assist ALCO/Public funds department in asset and liability management activities to ensure that interest rate and liquidity risk is appropriately measured, monitored, managed, and reported.
• With the assistance of the outside accounting firm, analyze the Bank’s federal and state tax liabilities and coordinate the preparation of federal and state tax returns.
• Prepare the year-end financial statements, footnotes, and schedules.
• Evaluate the new accounting standards and emerging guidance (CECL).
• Oversee the internal payroll process and accounts payable.
• Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
• Oversee the supervision, training, and evaluation of financial accounting department staff.
• Assume additional responsibilities as requested, including but not limited to the following:
o Assists with special projects and assignments related to financial decisions;
o Serves as an informational resource for federal and state examiners, and internal and external auditors.
o Adhere to all the Bank's policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
• Issue timely and complete financial statements- daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
• Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report.
• Issue FDIC Call Reports, Federal Reserve financial reports, TDSML Reports and SEC Reports in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
• Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations.
• Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics.
• Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
• Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
• Provide for a system of management cost reports.
• Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular, capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance – Master’s Degree a plus.
• 8+ years of experience in bank accounting/operations (minimum).
• Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or other comparable designations a plus.
• Proven track record with supporting references.
• Proficient in Excel and other general computer skills.
Branch manager - east main branch
*Lead and initiate all business development efforts in and out of bank
*Increase new accounts and overall deposits
*Increase loans - Be able to originate and produce Consumer Loans, refer commercial and mortgage loans
*Be familiar with and provide other products to customers (i.e. merchant services, bank products)
CRA/Fair Lending Analyst Job Description
The position is responsible for assisting the CRA/Fair lending Officer with monitoring, reporting and compliance with the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Fair Lending Act (ECOA).
Duties include generating reports for review and validation of CRA and Fair lending reporting, reviewing for data accuracy, and preparing the supporting documentation for the bank to meet audit and regulatory requirements, and for reporting to senior management and the Board of Directors.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office; particularly Excel and Word.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Comfortable with obtaining information and interacting with all levels of employees and management.
• Comfortable with rapid pace of work and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to provide prompt assistance to external auditors and regulatory examiners.
• Banking background with exposure to consumer and commercial lending (preferred).
• Basic knowledge of CRA and Fair Lending (preferred)
Please see Greg Visel
*Equal Opportunity Employer